I wouldn’t say its a very good substitute when it comes to taste and texture. Hence I didn’t really get back to making recipes with it.
This is exactly why I am cooking it now .. because it has been a long time … and I love the part that I can cook this in less than 15 min! 😀
- Soya nuggets
- Heat some water and bring it to a boil
- Add Soya nuggets to it and keep it aside
- Heat some oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds or cumin seeds to it and let them pop
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala to the hot oil
- Mix and then immediately add finely chopped onions
- Add 1/4 spoon of sugar
- Add salt to taste
- Add dried fenugreek (Kasuri methi)
- Saute the onions till they are soft
- Drain the water from the soya nuggets and add them to the sauteed onions
- Mix well
Serve with bread … and Voila!